Stay in Good Conscience at One of the Most Eco-Friendly Hotels in Atlanta
We Find it's Easy Being Green
If you're the kind of person that sees themselves as a caretaker of the earth rather than an owner, we're the kind of place for you. The Emory Conference Center Hotel is proud to be environmentally responsible concerning our day-to-day operations. The following are examples of how we do our part to reduce, reuse and recycle:
- During our expansion, we replaced every single tree removed with two trees.
- We recycled 50% of our total construction waste.
- We use only paint and carpeting composed of low VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- We reduced landscaping irrigation by 50%, water use by 31% and overall energy consumption by 18%.
- We convert kitchen waste oils to a bio-diesel fuel used to power Emory University buses.
- We centralize all of our recycling with a single-stream unit.
- We utilize only environmentally-friendly cleaning supplies and energy-efficient appliances.
- We compost food waste.
- We serve only rainforest-friendly coffee in our dining establishments.
- We regularly educate our employees regarding proper green practices.
- We provide complimentary electric vehicle charging stations.
- We donate used linen to local charities.
- We participate with Clean the World.
- Earned TripAdvisor's "Green Leader" Gold Level.
- Won "Good Earthkeeping" Award GHLA 2011 & 2012, AHLA 2012.